- Missional Communities is the name of the vehicle that builds a Family on Mission.
- They are a network of relationships that exist around a common mission. This network of relationships becomes the place where people can help make the world a better place while journeying towards the kind of life Jesus offered.
- Families on Mission have 3 key ingredients:
Spiritual Parents, A Missional Vision, and Predictable Patterns.
- Spiritual Parents are the leaders of the group taking responsibility for the pastoral care and administration of the group.
- The Predictable patterns are a few intentional gathering points throughout the week to help the community stay connected.
- The missional vision is a chosen people or project to whom the group are intentionally helping to experience a fuller life and a bit of the culture of heaven, here.
- The culture of heaven is a place where Jesus is Lord and grace is experienced. Peace, love, joy, friendship, purpose, and hope are a few key ingredients of the culture of heaven.
We imagine a time in the future when we will have multiple communities and multiple projects or people group focus’ that are making our town a better place to live!
Currently we have 2 communities. Where you see each group’s predictable patterns is a place where you can connect in. (If it’s a youth activity, be sure to let the leader know beforehand so we can cover safeguarding procedures.)
The Table: Langford/Graven Hill Community
Spiritual Parents: Simon and Helen
Mission: FltrCoffee friends and neighbours
- Sunday Prayers, FLTR Coffee, 8:30-9:30am
- Thursday Pudding Night, Graven Hill, 6:30-8pm
- Special FLTR and Graven Hill Events as announced
Friday Games Night
Friday Games Club: Youth and families Community
Spiritual Parents: Steve and Sarah
Mission: Youth and their families
- Thursday Meal Night, Various homes, 6:30-8:30pm
- Friday Youth Games Night, The Bicester School, 6:45-8:15pm
- Youth Group for those exploring faith in Jesus, Steven’s home, Thursdays 4:30-6pm